Yes! What they discover may have finally put Wayne on the right path to solving this 150 year . photo by Reddit user pretzeloverlord. The whole story was concocted to give cover to Jacob Waltz, Enjoyed your post-Gary. The Peralta Stones and their importance will be one of the biggest shockers. Jeff. There are many who believe that after a 135+ years that if it exists, it would have been found by now and that the LDGM is nothing more than a fairy tale or that it already has been found and is near the old Goldfield mine. Our guys made two attempts to get up to the house but were stymied. Much of my research on the Superstition Mountains and its history, however, has been on the time of Spanish Conquest and New Spain, tracing those and related events forward up into the early 20th century. Written documentation, including books, historical documentationboth Jesuit and Spanish records (diaries, journals and secretarial expedition logs). . His name appears on several California census records. The Latin Heart or The Heart of Jesus is what was carved on the Stone Maps. While the mexican miners not after years of mining the area. "For about 20 years, I hiked and explored the mountains on my own. I have thoughts on this that I will share later. Some of our high-tech images are proprietary and cannot be shown at this time, others are exclusive to our book and others, again for security reasons, cannot be shown at this time. The waterfall depicted on the map, Jacob Waltz only went into that canyon when he knew there would be water in it during certain seasons. Waltz said there is trick to his trail and no miner will ever find his mine. My research has gone back as far as the Hohokam (l-CE to 1450), a mysterious and little-known group of ancient Indians. She speculates that he slipped off a ledge and tumbled to his death. He had no family and a ridiculous sum of money - mostly from investments - but where he got the cash to invest in the first place remains unknown. The boots and clothing matched as well. Our team did make two attempts to reach the stone house at the head of the north trending canyon, but they were repelled. Mike do we have the Dutchman mine, I believe, we really do, because of the overall entities we have, but we are not done gathering proof. Lost Dutchman Treasure Hunter Wayne Tuttle was followed around by the History Channel. Fairly generic directions, but he gave them nonetheless. I wish you would take that back considering your health. Anyways everyone be safe and treat other hunters with respect and thanks for sharing all your experiences and knowledge and great stories. In June 1931, just a day into his first attempt to find the legendary Lost Dutchman Mine, the amateur prospector vanished without a trace. We have some great video of this canyon in 4k with the drone, but it is proprietary to our book and for now we cannot share it. For sure I will show that reading so there is no skepticism. Me personally, I dont think Jacob had his own mine, he did state no one will ever find my mine. So, what are the clues? I have been studying the LDM since I graduated from High School in 1982. We will have to correct that. A copy of Estee Conasters The Sterling Legend: The Facts Behind the Lost Dutchman Mine billed as the definitive work on the lost mine was found in his tent. As you probably guessed, they were fakes. On our next trip in October of 2016 we got one of the drones up the canyon and have some great 4k images, but they are proprietary for now and will be used in our book. Arcana Exploration has done this; keep in mind that we continue to find new things that match. We have spent a lot of time and money. A group of modern day treasure hunters search for the Lost Dutchman mine in the Superstition mountain range of Arizona.A group of modern day treasure hunters search for the Lost Dutchman mine in the Superstition mountain range of Arizona.A group of modern day treasure hunters search for the Lost Dutchman mine in the Superstition mountain range of Arizona. And Jacob Waltz cache just feet from both. Everything else Jacob and partner, Jacob Weiser, apparently discovered the mine and spent years excavating it for gold. The XRF results should be on Unexplained and Unexplored tomorrow night Sunday November 17th on Science channel. In 2013, the remains of a man who went missing near the mountains in late winter 2009 were finally discovered. ), there was in fact some QUIRKY REASON, a natural fluke why it had not been found, and that someday, someone would figure that out and match the pieces(clues) together and prove that the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine is not just a myth, but that it exists. The book is done to this point and I am reaching and writing most everyday. EPISODE 2 The Mark of the X Wayne and the crew follow a 200-year-old map to a heart-shaped stone with an X carved on the face; an unexpected discovery awaits them. If you climb some distance above my mine you can see to the south a sharp peak (Weavers Needle). He and his son had searched California's Borrego Desert for gold, but they found none. And YES! Henry I know that a lot of folks have thought they have found the mine, but.and I have to stop here for a minute and think what I want to say .. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. Episode: File 0011: Baba Yaga's Dutchman House. Thank you Matthew for the kind words and safe wishes. * The cave Waltz and his partner most likely stayed in is above the mine and to the side. Hello Jeff, I too am from Ohio and an heir of Jacob Walz. I think it is fun to explore the Superstition Wilderness and can be quite challenging. The key is samples which need to match the quartz matrix which he had under his bed. He was in a tight spot and thats why it took so long to find this young man.. in the canyon. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Mike, you are exactly correct we need a sample of the Quartz matrix, that matches Waitzs known examples. That is when Dick Holmes got the ore from the candlebox. "It's hard to put a value to it, but he said most of the gold was the richest ore source he'd ever seen. Thank you. As far as the book, it is concerned, it will be different than, the others I have seen it will as much, about our journey, and how our story ends and it will truthful no matter how it ends. You dont have to give away any locations, or show pictures that might give too much info. I am more researcher and a Prospector and I am no Miner, but I found not only his Mine but a Huge Treasure. In 1868, Jacob Waltz was living as a humble farmer on the North bank of the Salt River which runs through Phoenix. Wake up to the day's most important news. Legal Statement. Good Luck I hope you find out about your health, that is the most important thing.Thanks for your post. But to answer your question we have a major trip planned for this fall. Thanks Mike you have been at it a long time, I read your post on Treasure Net you know your stuff, and have been out where the rubber meets the road, you are a true Dutch Hunter and I have always respected your input on TN, Thank you for responding here. (Actually, I believe he most likely said we stayed in a cave that looked down on the mine.) We had the correct location, we had the mine site, and if the legend was correct there had to be a stone house at the head of the north trending canyon. Meanwhile two Canadians, claiming to be blood brothers of Kidd, contested the will. That is our goal not to mine, but hopefully to get some loose samples that can be tested . Do I think we have the LDM,,I do. That may be because he didnt have one. "He is greatly missed by his fellow associates at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel," he said. Yes! Our Trek watches will not measure as the crow flies. You don't have to be a pirate to feel the lure of hunting for buried treasure. How do you not get discovered with a large search party while returning to LDGM? At the end of November 2012, a day pack containing Jesse's GPS equipment, his mother's camera and his identification was found at the bottom of a 180-foot cliff on the same mountain. It was best I was alone. I think it will interesting and also fun read. History is replete with other people that have looked but not found the LDM. But in 2010, Burnett told the Denver Post her son had become obsessed with the legend of the Arizona gold mine. This was totally unanticipated. I mean that sincerely. Not All Clues are about what Jacob Waltz said. At the age of 13, Trevor Tuttle sat at a campfire at the base of the Superstition Mountains, listening intently to the lore of the Lost Dutchman Mine's legendary, cache of gold. Here is what encyclopedia.com has to say: In January 1964 official examination of Kidd's papers disclosed assets totaling $174,065.69 and a will written in Phoenix, Arizona. Hunting for the Lost Dutchman is typically a one-man journey, but lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle is breaking with tradition and partnering with a team of experts to follow a newly. I had been looking for months, I could not find it. 10. Yes! I'll still watch if it is renewed. All it took was campaign donation (bribe) and there it went. I am getting a little ahead of myself, so back to the reason the LDGM has not until now been found. Let's back up, all the way to earlier in the 1800s to meet a man named Jacob Waltz, a German immigrant who is the progenitor of this tale. It tells the story of how five regular guys, all good friends, but not professional treasure hunters, against all odds go on an amazing journey of discovery together. On May 6, 1965, the Court of Maricopa County, Arizona, declared the will fully acceptable for probate. Market data provided by Factset. This is true and makes sense when you see them. Ruth.". For now, we will share some meaningful images, but for security reasons we cannot show everything that we have. History is filled with stories of buried fortunes, sometimes concealed in dangerous places. After searching for five years and reading most of the published material, the last paragraph in one book keeps haunting me. No one has found, or at least shared, any viable proof that matches the man-made or natural clues. Part of HuffPost News. "I'm a little slower now and wish I had the legs I had 20 years ago. I am not sure of the original source, but it has been said that below the cave is a water tank. Will I regret the day I can't get back in there? Please bring back the show!!! Note, you are in that group of Finders but you havent found the LDM. I think you will enjoy the book. See production, box office & company info. It had to be up there. Yes! The trail on the Stone Maps leads from the cliff above the Carved Priest on the floor to the Heart about 2000 yards south. I am not sure what legally disabled in your case means, but because of the earthquake, you need repelling gear to get up to the site, plus it takes more than one person, to get that done. I am sure it would have made sense, that he was at her place. But our tale will be told honestly, and if we are wrong, that will be shared completely, it would be part of the story. But the icing on the cake will be what we document on the fall trip and absolutely must be in the book. The known errors or misrepresentations from the writers of this show could be proved so as to clear up the water so to speak. Maybe don't go looking for lost treasure in the Superstition Mountains. Every time I'm in specific areas, I wonder if I've walked over that spot.". i found everything, and i got millionaires involved. A discovery at the end of 2011 helped searchers focus on Tortilla Mountain: Hikers found a note in a metal can atop the peak that said: "Jesse Capen was here. New clues could reveal the location of the Lost Dutchman Mine; Wayne Tuttle is on the hunt for a deadly treasure in the Superstition Mountains. Talking to our editor Howard and the publisher they think some time early 2020 is realistic. "Waltz said it was a vein of gold surrounded by hematite in quartz," according to Tuttle. YES! All rights reserved. Waltz said he built a rock wall in the opening to hide it. Most people tell us we should mine and keep quite, and protect it from the tourist who are not worthy. To my surprise and delight I did pan out a few flakes and some fines from that material. This type of testing is something we will be doing. And in the Superstition Mountains outside Phoenix Arizona, rockhounds and treasure hunters have been searching for the Lost Dutchman Mine since 1892. Everytime I found positive information in the office I always made a trip out to Arizona. "Part of the puzzle is when someone refers to a rock face, does that mean it's a rock that looks like someone's face? The episode on the LDM which aired on November 15th and possibly other dates and times, adds a little color to other LDM asides. Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains in search of America's deadliest treasure. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. He said that he too tried to dig a mine just above them, but as the Mexicans had said, the rock in this section was too hard, so he gave up as well. "I've been in areas where it's said there would be no possible sign of gold. I restarted my research in the latter part of August 2017 and kept to only what Jacob Waltz mentioned as clues. Stars Keenan Johnston Mark Dodson Frank Augustine See production, box office & company info Watch on History S1 Go to history.com More watch options Add to Watchlist 27 User reviews Episodes 6 Top-rated Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona . If you find the mine, what should be there? The location of the Lost Dutchman Mine. Consider: if you find the mine do not make public its location. I hope to return for a more thorough investigation. Yes! He also said his shaft and the Mexicans shaft were very close together, but when you stood at either shaft you cannot see the other shaft. 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. 4. What we have is not the same as what you are describing. Hence the drone. Get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in news delivered first thing every morning to your inbox. You need to go to Oak Island do the research look around and talk to the brothers. Some nuttier than others. There are only a few known samples of Dutchman gold and as you would imagine, the owners who are in possession of these priceless pieces might have reasons for not wanting it tested. Lost Dutchman Mine, a 1989 video game for various platforms. He said before his partner was killed, they stayed in a cave above and across from the mine either 200 feet or 200 yards. What they discover may have finally put Wayne on the right path to solving this 150 year old mystery. Gary congratulations on finding the mine, so if you have found the mine you of course you must know that there are things there that are over 750+ old. Stories of hidden gold and treasure dot the landscape of the U.S. like it's part of our national identity. Jesse had been 6 feet 4 inches tall. The book will not come out until we are through, with our research. So we kind of know what he was thinking and doing there, Cooper said. I believe he mined at least two sites in the general area. https://superstitionmountainmuseum.org/exhibits/jacob-waltz-lost-dutchman-exhibit/#:~:text=If%20Waltz%20had%20a%20rich,the%20home%20of%20Julia%20Thomas. And in some ways, it is. I can tell you I found where Jacob Waltz mined out the top portion of the end of the vein above the mine so No One would find it. This is not a substantiated story but it's been told many times. And I can tell from what you are describing we are not in the same place as you. 13. Let me guess Copper/Gold In the desert these are called water tanks. I will also inform you about what Jacob Waltz stated No Miner will ever find my Mine. She was out getting a doctor. ggriffin@flprospects.com. Tragicomically, she and her team passed over two enormous gold mines on their search for the Lost Dutchman Mine, which they didn't find. We need to find some loose, we cannot chisel any, I am sure we will find some loose samples. I too an am explorer, member of prospecting clubs and am very connected to the community. So it goes we found it but went home When we find it again we wont mine it we just want loose bits we can find on the floor O wait yes i got the compass readings wrong let me just check with google as to where north, south, east, west are then i can give you the correct compass for looking in the direction that matches the clues stated by the Dutchman. If so did you get any indication they might be removing traces of human activity to revert the area to a more natural wilderness state? But I might to Clay Worst if I were to ever have the chance. Actually when we started that is what we thought I and found out there are a lot of issues. The first test for authentic LDM Ore. Where is your book? Im not going to tell you that I have found it (whether I have or have not). The next day he crossed at the gravel bar and then he traveled to first water and then on to second water. Even though you cant have the gold it still would be great to be recognized as the one solving this. Legend tells of the Lost Dutchman's gold mine hidden somewhere within the 160,000 acres of brutal Arizona desert known as the "Superstition Mountains." . The enigma of the LDGM is that it has been a puzzle with many pieces that, up until now, no one has been able to solve. Ms. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. But still, to this day, if nobody is able to go and I'm ready, I have a tendency to go to the mountains on my own.". Sincerely Jeff. You risk your life anytime you go into any mountain range, but I believe you're gonna go until you can't do it again. Waltz said that when he traveled there, he camped the night below the fort in a stand of Cottonwoods. As we reach these adjacent plateaued spaces we continue to search for additional onsite entities that are of interest. Jesse Capen's hunt for the elusive mine became a deadly obsession. Several years after Kidd's disappearance, it was discovered that he left a half-million dollar fortune behind. At the time, "Dutchman" was a catch-all for anyone. the I also am a big believer in fate, and I have good feeling. If there was no stone house then, dammit it, it had to be but if I couldnt find. My family lives in the Carolinas; if you care to send me an email would enjoy just talking to you. Theyre infatuated with all the lore and the history of the lost Dutchman mine and he was part of that.. Jesse Capen, 35, had made finding the hidden treasure an obsession fueled by more than 100 books and maps on the legendary and perhaps nonexistent mine named for German immigrant Jacob "The Dutchman" Waltz. Cooper said Capen's undoing was likely the result of heading out in search of lost gold alone. Ruth injured his leg so severely in the process that he developed a lifelong limp. This was two months ago.". I have been reading up and watching everyones YouTube videos. The entrance is marked by an Elephant Head. We will be on site much longer and with a much larger crew. Yes! based on rumour and hearsay upon hearsay. There was no sign that Jesse had been shot. We are going this Winter, so the ending has not yet been written. I have been able to piece together much of the overreaching story. Trekking through the Superstition Mountains in search of gold: After 40 years of avoiding a variety of Superstition Mountain perils -- poisonous snakes, scorpion stings, rifle bullets (from rival gold hunters) -- how much longer can Tuttle, now 50, continue his elusive quest? Coroners used DNA extracted from bone marrow to make a match with DNA provided by his parents. I havent been back to the canyon since after November 29th, 2018 because everytime I go in I get a different illness everytime which has stumped my Doctors in both Phoenix and Charlotte, NC. Thanks Jeff. Bryan. THERE ARE IN FACT FORTUITOUS CIRCUMSTANCES, of the natural kind, that have assisted Mother Nature in keeping some of the most important clues from being matched to any boots on the ground.
Manhattan Da Victim Services, Used Tanning Booths For Sale, David Bromstad Twin Brother, Receipt And Waiver By Heir Or Beneficiary Form, Articles D