They werent sequencing the virus like they did in the Iceland study. And I think that the idea that there are tradeoffs to any intervention is something thats been lost, particularly in the last year and a half. They do disrupt gut microbiota and could have potential health consequences. Youve stayed the course I mean, if you were an elected official or an appointed public health official, theres a certain amount of, what does the community expect of me? The photograph may be purchased as wall art, home decor, apparel, phone cases, greeting cards, and more. Working class people cant work remotely. If they have been exposed to larger amounts of it, theyre also more likely, and this is just the correlation, but theyre more likely to have asthma allergies, things like that if theyre exposed to more levels. And I could see this at the local level as well. Mr. Jekielek: At some point, you started becoming more vocal, like outside of just the kind of local sphere. One echoed much of what the regional church leadership had discussed during a monthly meeting she had attended online. The immunology of infectious disease in multiple areas. And this is something I always thought was shocking to me, how people always just assumed that schools were going to be this major driver of community spread. Mr. Jekielek: Well, Dr. Steve Templeton, its such a pleasure to have you on the show. But you dont want to go too far because then if you go too far, you start destroying your own tissues. Steve Templeton, Senior Scholar at Brownstone Institute, is an Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Indiana University School of Medicine - Terre Haute. Where are we at right now? His son, Arthur Reeves Templeton, Sr., who owned and operated Berks Auto Ignition, is also a past president of the Reading NAACP. They didnt think I was taking the pandemic seriously at all. To buy the books, that educate And so what are your thoughts on this? Mr. Jekielek: Yes. Dr. Templetons research focuses on the immune response to the human opportunistic pathogen, Aspergillus fumigatus. Dr. Templeton: Yes. View Social Security Death Index (SSDI) for Templeton. This typifies Scientism, which is a religion in its own right. I guess, germaphobia is a word for it that will be built up that may need to be alleviated, because you start hearing people talking about if we can improve the ventilation of buildings, well never get respiratory viruses infections, or how do we avoid just basic colds and things like that, and I dont think that thats quite the right way of looking at things. This expectation that they had this control over what was going to happen. That changed in 2003 when . Tape would be strung within the pews, forcing social distancing. Click here to post the first comment. And then because of my background, local journalists became interested and asked me for my opinions, and I gave them. Use census records and voter lists to see where families with the Templeton surname lived. You have a local response in the lungs, and there are tissue specific immune responses that you dont necessarily get when you inject a vaccine into somebodys arm. Whose faith endures and visions long. Dr. Templeton: Yes. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. In November of 2020, there was a major surge of COVID in our area, and in-person services stopped once again for the rest of the winter. A relevant discussion had come up a year before, when there was an active shooter in a church in Texas that had been shot by an armed church member. So the very first few posts that I had on that Substack site were derived from those presentations that I gave. Dr. Templeton: Fear and then also the need to be a part of some collective action. I mean, obviously if you have a natural infection, some individuals are going to have collateral damage. Mr. Jekielek: Well, so lets talk youve of course talked about the politicization. You have to make sure that the damage isnt as bad as it could be, but its just something that has to be survived and endured. It was as if I had stepped out of the dark ages and into the enlightenment by just moving a couple hundred miles. He is currently writing a book on infectious diseases and pandemics. Arthur Templeton, Jr., who currently resides in California, was the second African American postal carrier in Reading. We cant keep children away from each other or elderly people, an older woman said. Website by, State and Local Tax Compliance and Tax Minimization Services, A Closer Look at IRC Section 1031 Exchanges, Steve Templeton Named Power Leader by South Florida Business Journal. Theyve sort of turned it on its head. So they would continue to be required. Having spent most of the day at Mont-Saint-Michel, my wife and her sister decided to do a little shopping in the cute little shops in the church. I can find articles from the late 40s, early 50s, where journalists were saying youre going to put antibiotics in toothpaste and lipstick and things like that. In recent years, our firm and its employees have donated nearly $100,000 to local charities, and organizations. And just evidence just becomes a tool for a political argument, the way that many of these things have been politicized, has been frustrating, infuriating, but also fascinating in psychologyhuman psychology sense. There are 100,000 census records available for the last name Templeton. Most importantly, I told them, was that we could not allow ourselves to fear each other to the point that we hurt ourselves and our families, and couldnt help our neighbors. By then, our family had begun to attend other churches. USD ($). Three of the first recipients were James G. McKee, a computer consultant who graduated from Baldwin Wallace College; Lynda Dusenbury Sumerset, an ultrasound technician who graduated from the X-Ray Technology program at Philadelphia General Hospital; and Marie Rhodes, a banker, who graduated from Philander Smith College (Amprey 1997). We are grateful for their integrity, high standards and timely service., Over the years Steve was not just our accountant, he also played a large part in our business making decisions, helping us grow in size and success., Perhaps the thing that I like best about Templeton is they are more than just an auditing firm. After I met my wife and settled down and started to discuss having a family, I started to think more carefully about my religious upbringing, and felt that many of the positive characteristics I saw in myself mightve been enhanced by my experience. Yes. Im not sure how much of a difference I personally have made, but for me, its the fact that I made the effort and I spoke up when I felt like I had to. Dr. Templeton: Yes, I mean, theres studies where, if youve heard of triclosan, which for a while was in everything, in the antibacterial soap. Sure. But that was not being acknowledged at all. So the idea that these were sustainable, I think, was something that people were not really accepting. I talked to some social workers that worked with children in our area, and my wife did as well, and all of them were horrified at how this was affecting children. Masks would be required. And so talking to people in the community, I got that sense that its not that they wanted to dismiss what I was saying, but it was so different from what they were seeing and hearing. I mean, its obviously not as severe, it doesnt cause a severe disease as it did, but over time, things become less virulent, less severe disease causing, and the same thing will happen with SARS-CoV-2. I asked the question, Is there ever a case where we would find something more important than our own physical safety?. His daughter, Mildred Templeton, played organ for the church for 57 years (Goda 2004-05, 16). So a lot of lung inhalation, inflammation, that type of thing. But the whole efficacy of the vaccine for transmission and preventing mild infections, it doesnt have this sterilizing effect that people expected. So that was what I focused on. Mr. Jekielek: So lets talk about the current state of the immune system vis--vis COVID-19, and given the literature thats out there, which I know you pour through. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EpochTVus Even without the panic-promoting sensationalism of the mass media, this was obviously a natural disaster that was going to spread around the world. So thats definitely a very interesting area of research that I follow. I could see the publics mood was approaching panic levels quickly, and I felt the potential damage that mass panic could do was even worse than the damage from SARS-CoV-2. But there was an obvious tension. clinical lab technician) who had styled herself a medical and COVID expert. So I try to counteract some of that. We are one of the leading accounting and management advisory firms in Florida with offices in West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale. We got some hostile stares, and others wouldnt acknowledge our presence. I mean, theyre going to have long-term effects, and we dont really understand those either. Dr. Templeton: Yes. I mean, New York Times article on it and many people within my own community were citing that study. You dont hear politicians say, when theres a hurricane, if we all work together, we can stop this hurricane. In the fall, the school district implemented an ill-advised hybrid system, which put again put a huge burden on working families. And I feel like thats very appropriate and theyre both analogies that are the immune system versus raising a child to be able to handle adversity and young adults to be able to handle different points of view. So I think its a combination of human nature plus I think where were at right now in society, I guess. I said that people should be able to make decisions about their own risk, since not everyone had the same risk. They thought that we could basically stop this, and we had a lot more control over it than we did. They thoroughly review our processes and offer suggestions as to how we can improve efficiency., WEST PALM BEACHEsperante Building222 Lakeview AvenueSuite 1200West Palm Beach, FL 33401(561) 798-9988Fax: (561) 798-4053, FORT LAUDERDALEThe Main201 East Las Olas BoulevardSuite 1650Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301(954) 333-0001Fax: (954) 765-0719, PRESIDENT & CEO, BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, 2023 Templeton & Company. We use cookies to understand how you use our site and to improve your experience. In 1940, Farmer and Housewife were the top reported jobs for men and women in the USA named Templeton. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive deals, discount codes, and more. This is an airborne virus. Elderly members would be discouraged from attending. In recent years, our firm and its employees have donated nearly $100,000 to local charities, and organizations. I do infectious disease research, mainly with opportunistic infection thats a fungal infectionAspergillosis. We want to mitigate risk to the point where theres no risk.. The Templeton family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. Its not something that everyone could do because some people have jobs where they have to interact with others. I didnt really want to do the interview. And I dont really like that analogy as well as thinking more about a pandemic as of a natural disaster. Twitter: https://twitter.com/EpochTVus This was a very difficult situation to navigate. But, I mean, almost ironic that this is what they talked about a few years back. It was seven pages long. He was a slave owned by William Williamson, who believed in educating his slaves; he was freed by Williamsons will in 1813 and graduated from OU in 1828. Log In. Trying to get communities to help one another, churches, things like that. View the profiles of people named Steve Templeton. . There are areas of science that agree with this. And I guess, probably you were sharing what you figured out, your information based on your expertise to some extent, and then research that you had done in a similar way. Gab: https://gab.com/EpochTV The whole idea of the immune system being in, what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger, is definitely true, other than someone who is a vulnerable person who has a higher risk of severe disease. We discussed the possibility of providing some childcare at the church. On October 5th, 2021, longtime NIH Director Francis Collins announced he was retiring from his position at the end of the year, a position he has held since 2009. Steven Templeton Steve Templeton nickname (s): Steven Templeton Where was Steve Templeton born? And I think the gap between individuals and communities like mine increased even more. Family Affair is a photograph by Steve Templeton which was uploaded on June 17th, 2022. I said that the number of reported cases was likely much lower compared to the true number of infections, due to the bias of reporting only severe, hospital-related cases, and the ignorance of the number of mild or asymptomatic infections. sensiblemed.substack.com. I have met many others (ironically online) who became outcasts in their own community because they tried to stop panic and overreaction to the pandemic that would ultimately hurt everyone. I strongly objected to this, because I thought vaccinated people should act normally, and acting otherwise encouraged vaccine hesitancy, and signaled no real end to restrictions. On March 11, 2020, a local TV reporter called the campus office and asked if anyone was available to comment on the newly recommended practice of social distancing to prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2. If their theology had been a little closer to what we were comfortable with, we would still be going there. To schedule an appointment with a faculty member physician of IU School of Medicine, contact Indiana University Health at 888-484-3258 or use the physician finder by clicking the button below. He told me that his goal was to reassure the public, and give them some information about precautions they might take. . The entire country of France fulfills that requirement splendidly for this West Texas native. Drew was ushered into this world by his loving parents on December 11, 2011, and weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces. Mr. Jekielek: Okay. Steve Templeton Family Steve was born and brought up under the loving care and support of his protective and hardworking parents in Nashville, Illinois, in the United States of America. Obviously people would tell me, your kids are going to be fine. Im not sure if its banned here or not. But youve talked about how fear has been driving public policy at the same time, I think public policy has been driving fear, kind of goes in both directions. We actively give back to our local community. The SSDI is a searchable database of more than 70 million names. What do you think about that? The scope of the pandemic, maybe the timing you can delay these things the way that things are spread, but ultimately, how we respond we have control over that. John Newton Templeton was the fourth African American college graduate in the United States and the first African American graduate of Ohio University. And I would say, well, I know that, but its not just about my kids because I live in an area where theres a lot of poverty and there are a lot of children who I would say school is the safest place for them to be, and when theyre deprived of that, they will suffer. Click. Although we had realized months before, to our sadness, that prominent members in our community really didnt share our core values, we made one last effort to make them prove it. And the rise of safety culture and mass germophobia in America could have devastating consequences down the linejust like the overuse of antibiotics, Templeton argues. The Mont-Saint-Michel is one of Europes most unforgettable sights. The other problem is that viral infections tend to leave what we call an antigen reservoir. Again, how does this all transpire? The immune system has to be challenged with microorganisms, otherwise it doesnt know how to function. We also didnt want to destroy the essence of a traditional service, because we thought that would be even more important in a time of fear, anxiety, and great uncertainty. But this particular angle, we havent really discussed. But thats a whole different post. New exclusive content and never-before-seen movies is available at your fingertips. They would advertise this contains triclosan, and now I think its being banned in some countries. The difference between his church and ours was stark. Well, a lot of my fellow scientists dont they dont know Im involved in this. We have had some success finding new communities that share our core values, both inside and outside of our spiritual life. She was raised in the St. Louis area, Nashville, IL. Mr. Jekielek: So basically infection is your key research area. In December, vaccines became available for the elderly. But the idea that these are completely sterilizing immunity is not something that is long-term, particularly in individuals who have these comorbidities, they tend to have less durable responses. They disagreed. Shutting down everything couldnt last indefinitely, and people couldnt avoid being in personal proximity indefinitely without serious consequences. Well, here you go, and who doesn't love a seagull and her baby hanging around a chimney? Mr. Jekielek: So you talked about a lot of that, that could strike fear into the hearts of many. Box 7009, Reading, PA 19610 | 610-396-6000, African Americans of Western Berks County. Right? Log in or sign up for Facebook to connect with friends, family and people you know. In 1962, she founded a non-profit African American youth group called the Help One Another Club and later founded the Youth of Yesterday. We use it more like a hazard, something thats absolutely dangerous. Confusing risks with hazards, with a risk, theres a possibility for reward, but we dont use the term risk like that anymore. In April, a couple that lived on a farm offered to have Easter services on their property. Thats just not what we are about! one fellow member exclaimed during the discussion. Black Currency:USD ($) Chief Meteorologist Steve Templeton forecasts the weather for News 4 every weekday evening from 4 to 10. Mr. Jekielek: You had mentioned that you feel children are not nearly as vulnerable as other groups. By the Spring of 2021, every adult had a chance to be vaccinated. GALLIPOLIS FERRY Stephen Russell Templeton, 71, of Gallipolis Ferry, went home to be with his Lord Monday, September 5, 2016, at home. I think those criticisms are valid. And I think Ill be able to say that, and thats actually more important than making a difference, I mean, which it should be, because as Ive mentioned several times. Then the discussion turned to liability, and the idea was immediately scrapped. My kids were fine, but you could tell when they would get online, there were lots of kids that were not in those classesvirtual classrooms. Yet, as far as I know, no one else questioned her accuracy or authority. Templeton was born in the United States by her father and mother. I sent my 5-year old daughter to childrens church, and she was sent back, because she wasnt wearing a mask. more. Mr. Jekielek: Well, theres also an element to what you just told me, which is interesting. At a banquet in 1997 honoring Reba Templetons work with African American youth, Celeste A. Crenshaw wrote and dedicated the following poem to Templeton: For 35 years Steve Templeton. Schools had been closed. Yet being an outsider isnt exactly a new experience. WEATHER VANE: Steve Templeton has been made the chief meteorologist at KMOV-TV (Channel 4) effective today. But I didnt want to look back on this and say that I violated my conscience and didnt speak up when someone really needed to. Source: Dictionary of American Family Names 2nd edition, 2022. The others disagreed. Dr. Templeton: Well, obviously if we could find a way to do something magically, we could stop it. Were going to give each other viruses and its not something that should be blamed or a suggestion that it can be completely cut out for long periods of time. Pennsylvania had the highest population of Templeton families in 1840. Weeks later, after a large spike in cases did not appear in our region, we began to discuss if, when, and how to restart in-person services. And later on, it came out that they admitted they could not define what direction transmission was happening within their study. You cant talk about the tradeoffs because were in a crisis right now. Youre a very thoughtful, careful person. Sometimes people are going to have odd things happen that are related to being affected or being vaccinated. Dr. Templeton: Yes. First, there was an announcement that being a member of the church came with the acknowledgement of the elders authority. JPY () Surfaces are not a major route of transmission, but these things are how much you can change in every single indoor space. His research focuses on the immune response to the human opportunistic pathogens. And again, this sort of, its not a true causation type thing, but theyve done experimental studies with these types of things as well. It seemed to me the whole country was just one fantastic photo opportunity after another! You cant say, this has some limited effect, or its not proven, or we have to just do these things because they might help, because theyre a symbol that were all in this together, that type of thing. There are 17,000 military records available for the last name Templeton. Its kind of an amplifying effect where we go from one thing, is just one possible tool that we dont really understand if it works or not, to this thing is a moral obligation that we have, that we must force two year olds to wear masks. AUD ($) And that was highly publicized. View Stephen Templeton results including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. I believe its necessary, but theres some people who dont believe that. We are focused on credibility, reliability and responsiveness in our relationships. Its not just about the pandemic, but just about the idea of the mass germaphobia, which Im seeing is actually it goes back to times when weve overreacted or at least developed a new technology and then maybe took it too far, like antibiotics being overused and not thinking at all that there was a downside to that. Theres so many people out there that either are not taking a position, people who are familiar with the data, or are assuming a very opposite position, or the conventional position, that the position seems to be, everyone needs to be vaccinated and mandating that is legitimate and reasonable. Even though there were no confirmed cases in town, I was already very worried about mass panic, and I thought people might read too much into the pastor being sick, so I volunteered to address the congregation. Associate Professor of Microbiology & Immunology. Dec 23, 2022 5 Ways to Give: 1) Heatupstlouis.org; (2) Drop-off cash or check donations @UMBBank ; (3) Mail checks to HEAT-UP ST. LOUIS, c/o P.O. So they had to issue a correction also in the New York Times a month later, but the damage had already been done. I think thats probably the best option for vulnerable people, is increasing the ventilation. An independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals. As the the pandemic continued, it became clear to everyone that an enormous pressure was being put on working families and single mothers. I wrote one article criticizing the state response because there were tendency of leaders to blame the public for the spread of the virus within their states, and this was all a behavior driven pandemic, it could be contained if we just did the right things, if we listened to the experts, that type of thing. Ive been interviewing a number of people on related issues here on the show. I have spent much of the last two years questioning the rationale and wisdom of the pandemic response, and it hasnt made me very popular in some circles. Based on my understanding of her comments, the regional leadership was even more panicked, and was discouraging congregations from consideration of returning, even to restricted services. Arthur Templeton, Jr.s grandfather, William Reynolds Templeton, was born in Philadelphia in 1842 and came to Reading in 1874 to become pastor of Washington Presbyterian Church. Parler: https://parler.com/#/user/EpochTV. Can you expand on that a little bit? After that, I went to the government, worked for the CDC for about four years at NIOSH which is an Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute. A collection of movie posters that spans Elvis' film career. For youth, to help But the whole mandated, and if youre responsible, youll stay away from people. So even vaccinated individuals are going to have at some point a coronavirus infection, as much as they do with the other coronaviruses, which are currently in circulation, thats going to always be around. Mr. Jekielek: And what about your peers? So I got a microscope from work and we looked at tissue slides that the medical students look at, and I had them collect water from lakes and ponds and things like that, and test it for bacteria. Dr. Templeton: Well, I was trained at the University of Iowa doing some viral immunology, actually with a model coronavirus back when no one cared about those things. It was simply too hard to let go of the sense of security that masking provided. Moreover, we are passionate about client service and are committed to the highest ethical and professional standards. But they were willing to sell an illusion that people wanted, because that was the way to placate them reallythe public. It was clear that the general consensus was that in person services would start, but with the same restrictions as before. I mean, the point is to get as many people vaccinated as possible, lets not worry about whos recovered. I started the Substack site with that in mind. Those are things that are now noble, that really hurt local efforts. And the possibility is reason enough to act, even if theres a tradeoff. Obviously its a press release, so they want to report that it works. And I began to take local actions to try to keep schools open and things like that. Right? When we moved to Indiana, we joined a church near the university, and were happy there. I said that although more people may be spreading the virus, infections were likely to be more common and less lethal than reported. 2 The second best result is Stephen Long Templeton age 50s in Conway, SC. And then 10 years ago, I came to Indiana University. They think its more important to have as many people vaccinated as possible than to even think about individuals claiming or testing them to see if they have protective immunity from a natural infection. He has more than 45 years of public accounting and consulting experience working with clients in a variety of industries. I dont want to single out one or two people who are in charge of how this response was handled. I agreed. I asked, if everyones had a chance to be vaccinated, then why cant we go back to a normal service? I had explained previously why masks were heavily politicized, and the data hadnt really surpassed pre-pandemic skepticism about their utility. . There are many reasons why Dr. Collins is a remarkable individual, and not the least of them is that he is a practicing Christian. Dr. Templeton: Well, just the idea that this is something that couldnt necessarily be completely managed or stopped. I told the elders that rather than transmission, the main thing prevented by the new measures would be group worship. The story of how the mount came to be a great Christian pilgrimage site dates back to the early 8th century, when Aubert, bishop of the nearby hilltop town of Avranches, claimed that the Archangel Michael himself had pressured him into having a church built atop the island just out to sea.From 966 onwards, the dukes of Normandy, followed by the French kings, supported the development of a major Benedictine abbey on Mont-Saint-Michel. Like most people they had been watching cases and deaths rapidly increase, especially in New York City, and non-stop apocalyptic media coverage. View the profiles of people named Steven Templeton. 20% of Templeton men worked as a Farmer and 10% of Templeton women worked as a Housewife. A source at the station said a note announcing the change at the station . Mr. Jekielek: Steve, youve been an immunologist for a number of years, and youve been watching some very interesting changes in society over the last few years and have been documenting them. I mean, and thats something thats going to be discussed for a long time. The most Templeton families were found in USA in 1880. Seeing a chance to be close to family while continuing to forecast wild weather, Steve moved to St. Louis and joined KMOV. The average life expectancy for Templeton in 1948 was 56, and 75 in 2004. If you recover from an infection up to the time that we can measure anyone whos been infected, they have an immune response that will protect them, especially from not only reinfection, but a severe reinfection. Theres probably some spread through the lymph nodes and maybe blood vessels, but then it gets cleared within a few days. Over the following weeks I kept speaking about the illusion of control I felt many were experiencing, but it was largely dismissed.
Madison County Jail Recent Arrests, Asic Late Fees Tax Deductible, Articles S